Emergency Action Plans (EAPs)
What is an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) ?
An Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is a plan designed by coaches to assist them in responding to emergency situations.
Why do we need an Emergency Action Plan ?
The idea behind having such a plan prepared in advance is that it will help you respond in a responsible and clear-headed way if an emergency occurs.
NCCP Emergency Action Plan Training
ALL coaches will be required to complete the NCCP online training module for Emergency Action Plans.
COST: This training module is FREE !!
DURATION: This training module takes approximately 15 MINUTES to complete.
FREQUENCY: Coaches will only be required to take this module ONCE (not annually).
After completing the NCCP Emergency Action Plan module, you will be able to:
- describe the importance of having an emergency action plan (EAP);
- identify when to activate your EAP;
- explain the responsibilities of the charge person and call person when your EAP is activated;
- create a detailed EAP that includes all required information for responding to an emergency.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To register and take this course, Coaches can click on the EAP Banner (found below), which will take them to The Locker, which is the portal through which National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) courses are administered.
- If you have never taken a NCCP course (for any sport), then you will need to "Register" first to create an account.
- If you have taken a NCCP course in the past (for any sport), then you will have a NCCP# already, you will been able to log in. Links are available to help look up NCCP#'s or forgotten passwords.
**** AFTER COMPLETING THE MODULE:
After you complete the module, please send an email to SafeSport@stcatharinesbaseball.ca, and confirm your completion of the Emergency Action Plan eLearning module, as well as provide your first and last name, and the NCCP# so that we may track your training levels.
Emergency Action Plan Documents
We have prepared a standard Emergency Action Plan template and have created EAPs for all of our baseball fields and facilities. Coaches are advised to print off those EAPs relevant to the teams they are involved with and the fields/facilities they will be utilizing. We will work to build out EAPs for other fields/facilities in Niagara. If you require an EAP for a field not listed below, please reach out to us at SafeSport@stcatharinesbaseball.ca and we will work to create one for that location.
St.Catharines Parks and Facilities:
- Alex Mackenzie Sports Park (15u, 18u) (PDF)
- Community #2 (4u, 5u, 6u, 7u) (PDF)
- Community #3 (13u) (PDF)
- Community #4 (4u, 5u, 6u, 7u) (PDF)
- Douglas Park (9u) (PDF)
- George Taylor Field (15u, 18u) (PDF)
- Joseph McCaffery Sports Park #1 (Tournaments, Events) (PDF)
- Joseph McCaffery Sports Park #2 (Tournaments, Events) (PDF)
- Joseph McCaffery Sports Park #3 (9u, Tournaments, Events) (PDF)
- Joseph McCaffery Sports Park #4 (Tournaments, Events)
- John Dempsey #1 (13u) (PDF)
- John Dempsey #2 (9u) (PDF)
- Kernahan Park (11u) (PDF)
- Pic Leeson Park (11u) (PDF)
- Walkinshaw Park (11u) (PDF)
Niagara Parks and Facilities:
- Beamsville Lions Community Park (Beamsville)
- Binbrook Fairgrounds (Binbrook)
- Burgar Park (Welland)
- Centennial Park (Grimsby)
- Centennial Park (Pelham)
- Chippawa Lions Park (Niagara Falls)
- Chippawa Park (Welland)
- Confederation Heights South Park (Thorold)
- Harold Black Park (Pelham)
- LB Pearson Park (Niagara Falls)
- Lions Field Park (Port Colborne)
- Lions Sugarbowl Park (Fort Erie)
- Maple Park (Welland)
- McMillan Park (Thorold)
- Memorial Park Complex (Welland)
- MF Ker Park (Niagara Falls)
- Murray St Park (West Niagara)
- North Pelham Park (Pelham)
- Oakes Park (Niagara Falls)
- Oakes Park (Fort Erie)
- Oakes Road Park (Grimsby)
- Port Colborne Minor Baseball Rotary Complex (Port Colborne)
- Regency Athletic Resort (Niagara Falls)
- Senator Gibson School (Beamsville)
- Sherwood Hills Park (West Niagara)
- Southward Community Park (West Niagara)
- Sullivan Park (Thorold)
- Thomas H. Lannan Sports Complex (Port Colborne)
- Trelawn Park (Welland)
- Welland Stadium & Sports Complex (Welland)
- WL Houck Park (Niagara Falls)
- Woodburn Ball Park (Binbrook)
- Youngs Sportsplex Facility (Welland)