Sport Safety Training
As of April 1, 2020, All Sport Canada funded organizations are required to have training in abuse and harassment available to everyone under their immediate authority.
Why is this required ?
Safe, inclusive sport environments help make sport rewarding and enriching for all. By completing Safe Sport Training you will gain the knowledge and skills to create healthy and safe environments by recognizing, addressing and preventing maltreatment in sport.
Already Completed This Module ?
If you've already completed this eLearning module for another organization, please send email us at SafeSport@stcatharinesbaseball.ca and provide your First/Last Name and NCCP#, so that we can confirm, and record the completion of the training in our records.
NCCP Safe Sport Training
WHO: ALL coaches, umpires, volunteers, and families will be required to complete the training.
COST: This training module is FREE !!
DURATION: This training module takes approximately 90 MINUTES to complete.
FREQUENCY: You will only be required to take this module ONCE (not annually).
After completing Safe Sport Training you will be able to:
- Understand that everyone has a role to play in keeping sport safe, how the misuse of power leads to maltreatment, and the principles of the Universal Code of Conduct.
- Understand the various types of maltreatment, the conditions that enable them, and how to recognize signs that they may be happening.
- Know what to do if you suspect maltreatment, and how you can create a culture that protects all participants. As of April 1, 2020, all Sport Canada - funded organizations are required to have training in abuse and harassment available to everyone under their immediate authority. Please identify the role for which you’ve been requested to completed this training. Your selection will trigger the appropriate version of the training.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To register and take this course, Coaches can click on the SafeSport Banner (found below), which will take them to The Locker, which is the portal through which National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) courses are administered.
- If you have never taken a NCCP course (for any sport), then you will need to "Register" first to create an account.
- If you have taken a NCCP course in the past (for any sport), then you will have a NCCP# already, you will been able to log in. Links are available to help look up NCCP#'s or forgotten passwords.
At the start of the training,
- Please identify the role for which you’ve been requested to completed this training. Your selection will trigger the appropriate version of the training.
- Should you perform roles in multiple categories, please select the one that most closely relates to your main responsibilities.
*** AFTER COMPLETING THE MODULE:
After you complete the module, please send an email to SafeSport@stcatharinesbaseball.ca, and confirm your completion of the Safe Sport Training eLearning module, as well as provide your first/last name, your role with us, and your NCCP# so that we may track your training levels.